The past couple of weeks have been extra special busy. First a few bullets to get some quick things out of the way:
- More on the New Year Challenge below, but I wanted to say that I haven’t weighed-in since before the super bowl, and won’t for a few more weeks due to a little glitch (the scale was in LA). I had a rough week eating-wise, but am keeping up with my workouts.
- If you read my tweets, you may have noticed I spent a Sunday morning not too long ago waiting in line to buy a Cricut for cheap at BigLots. Well, I got one of the 5 that were in stock and I LOVE IT! I can see more scrapbooking in my near future
- Cross your fingers that I get an interview this week at a place I applied to a few weeks ago. I have already made it through the phone interview and hope to hear back soon.
- I am doing a market research thingy on cat food tomorrow — so excited to have a little extra “go” money. What shall I spend it on? New workout clothes? Sketchers shoes? Cricut supplies??
- I have been having a bit of trouble sleeping the past few nights– I think the cats are keeping me awake. I need to shoo them out of my room tonight and see if that helps. I need to get a good night’s rest!
OK– here go the long-ish updates–
Naked Fitness New Year Challenge: While my eating has not been the best this week (Valentine’s Weekend was a disaster!! Fries! Fried Pork Tenderloin!! Candy bars!!! (yes BARS; PLURAL), I stopped myself on Monday and restarted. Wait– Actually, I started over search day eating a healthy breakfast but ended each day of my 2 day crap-binge with, well, CRAP. On Monday I seemed to get my healthy-head back on, and really stayed within my calorie goals for each day.
I was proud that I got 2 hours of walking in each day (except 1 or 2– those days I walked 1 hour). I made the realization that every day was not going to be “perfect” because
Some days I am going to slip up a bit, and that is OK. I can start again at the next snack or meal. I had to realize I was tired and not planning properly so I was not getting my meals at the right time, so I was starving and grabbing whatever I could find (ie: fast food) and shoving it in my mouth. I need to slow down, plan my meals and eat what makes my body “run” the best is can.
I made up 4 shredded chicken breasts in the crockpot tonight so I can add it to my meals over the next few days. I just added the chicken to a can of low sodium chicken broth in my crockpot this morning and by about 6 pm, the chicken was so done it just shredded in my hands. Look at me preparing my meals ahead of time!! lol
I forgot to drink the supplement drink, Elations, that the trainer had asked us to use during the initial 21 days (mostly because I ran out of the bottles). My knee really started giving me problems as I was walking– the joint was really sore and uncomfortable. After being back on the Elations for 3 days, the discomfort was GONE! I really believe in this great little product! Glad Andrea asked us to try it! (NOTE: I received free product from the trainer as part of the 21 day fitness program, but have run out of the free product and am now purchasing it for myself.)
I spend an hour or so at NBC 5 here in Chicago taping a segment that will be shown March 2nd on the 10pm news to highlight the work we did over the 21 days of the initial program. If you are in Chicago, please check it out.If not, I will try to post it from their website the night it airs. Andrea (the trainer) told us today that NBC 5 will be following us throughout the year to see how we do on the plan. I am HAPPY I will have the follow as I need something to keep me honest!
Within the next few days (hopefully Wednesday) I will post the whole menu, and guidelines to follow if you would like to try this new way of eating/working out. Well, I guess it is not a new way of eating, per se, but a healthy way of eating. I have a very full day tomorrow, so give me a day or so.
Fitbloggin 10– I can’t believe Fitbloggin is just around the corner. Amerrylife is my roommate and I can’t wait to hear all about her trip to New Zealand to see her love in person. I think I may have secured a sponsor (or 2) just this afternoon. More information as soon as I can share. I am SO EXCITED and want to share but want to make sure everything is firm before I do!! I know you understand.
I leave you with a yummy recipe- Enjoy!
Chili-Lime Pork Chops
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon line juice
1 teaspoon canola oil
4 boneless pork loin chops 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (1lb)
If desired: Chopped fresh cilantro; lime wedges
1. Pre-heat grill
2. meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all seasoning ingredients. Brush mixture evenly on both sides of each chop.
3. When grill is heated, place pork on grill surface. Close grill, cook 5-7 min or until pork is no longer pink in center (AP note: I turned mine once 1/2 through cooking to get good grill lines). Sprinkle pork with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
1 serving: 190 Cal, Fat 10g, Sodium 170g (maybe less with sub garlic powder).
Taken from Pilsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook.