I did this last year, gonna do it again!
End of the year meme…
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I moved to Atlanta, bought a car and became an Editor in Chief.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make any. So yes and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes- 4 friends had babies in December alone!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A co-worker passed away suddenly. It was very sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
None again. Darnit!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A job, a permanent place to live.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 26th- the day I found out I had to move to ATL for work, August 6th- the day I found out I would be losing my job, October 31st – the day I lost my job and moved back to Chicago.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My first job interview in 7 years!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lost my job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Shingles a few times (ick).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
It was a gift, but my new Canon camera!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Friends and family. Totally. (same answer as last year!)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Tiger Woods, John and Kate.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving across country. Twice.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Super Mario Bros Wii, Canon camera!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
NYC by JayZ
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. Sucks.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise and scrapbook (same as last year!)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting and being crabby. (same as last year!! )
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I went “home” to Iowa and spent time with my grandparents. Ate Christmas lunch at the nursing home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I really really wish I did, but no. (same as last year)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, Hoarders, Medium, Biggest Loser.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. A high up boss that made my life miserable for a few months.
24. What was the best book you read?
Man, there were so many….
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Susan Boyle. No, really- she is great!
26. What did you want and get?
CANON DSLR CAMERA!!!
27. What did you want and not get?
a job. (I am so pathetic!)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hangover- laughed until I cried.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 32, and did alot of low key things.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More stuff done outside the house. Exploring my city.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Too tight clothing. Warm clothing in a warm climate.
32. What kept you sane?
Lots of booze. Kidding. I would say my big fat 36lb cat and being able to be a councelor to a few of my friends. (same as last year!)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
A few old friends, but some reconnected.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
CM, PG and JL. Made Atlanta bearable.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
This too shall pass.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Lesson Learned by Alicia Keys:
Yes I was burned but I called it a lesson learned.
Mistake overturned so I called it a lesson learned.
My soul has returned so I call it a lesson learned.
Another lesson learned.